Saturday, April 01, 2006

Week 3

Summary: We put the ol' Toyota onto the trailer again, except to take it to one our main sponsors
FluidConcepts
shop. Here we took suggestions from Randy Mann our man to turn to for professional advice. He suggested adding cross members between the two outside box steel sleeves. He also suggested that we changed how we were going to lift the rear of the car and also how to slide the rear sideways. Most of these revisions were because he was curious on the stability of the cylinders when lateral force is applied. We changed the design of the system used to move the car sideways from a 1 idle wheel and 1 driving wheel, to a 2 idle wheel and a center driving wheel. We also fabricated up a bracket to attach the hydraulic motor to the lifting crossmember.

Cylinder tower and crossmember welded in.
Free Image Hosting at

Rear lifting device crossmember.
Free Image Hosting at

Attaching Hydraulic motor to mounting bracket.
Free Image Hosting at

Centering the motor/bracket
Free Image Hosting at

Motor/bracket tacked into place.
Free Image Hosting at

Marking hole on the spare tire recess where motor will be stored when retracted
Free Image Hosting at

Lifting crossmember removed and hydraulic cylinders exposed.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.

Lifting crossmember partially completed, needs 2 casters and 1 driving wheel.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.u

Rough cutting where the hydraulic motor will rest.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.u

Fine cutting the hole.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.u

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home